Welcome to the Kinellar School Parent Council
Kinellar School enjoy the support of a Parent Council. The parent council encourages parental involvement and our aims and objectives are as follows;
- Encourage positive, worthwhile and lasting relationships between the school, its pupils, the parent forum and the wider community.
- Create opportunities for the parent forum to support the aims, values and ethos of the school.
- Initiate, develop and promote activities which the parent forum can participate, to support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- Identify and represent the views of the parent forum on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To participate in the appointment of senior staff for the school.
“Parents, carers and families are by far the most important influences on children’s lives. When parents and schools work together, children do better. As a school we need to ensure we are responsive to the learning needs of the community. Parent life experiences and personal skills can be valuable to the school when making decisions about matters such as reporting, curriculum development, homework, behaviour and the values of the school. We want parents to be actively involved in decision making and improvement.
One of the most important aspects of parental engagement is the essential contribution you can make to the school Improvement Plan. Parents have their own perspectives on education and the Parent Council can use these to support the development work of the school.”
Mrs Farquhar – Head Teacher
If you wish to order school uniform, please click on the link below.
KSPC fund each child in the school with their 1st House T-Shirt. House T-shirts are worn on Sports Day and pupils are also encouraged to wear them at gym/PE sessions throughout the school year.
We also have an active social media presence please visit our page to find out more:
Previous minutes are available via the below links;
If you have any queries or suggestions for the Parent Council, please get in touch our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org