Welcome to the Kinellar School Parent Council section of the Kinellar School website.
Kinellar School enjoy the support of a Parent Council. The parent council encourages parental involvement and our aims and objectives are as follows;
- Encourage positive, worthwhile and lasting relationships between the school, its pupils, the parent forum and the wider community.
- Create opportunities for the parent forum to support the aims, values and ethos of the school.
- Initiate, develop and promote activities which the parent forum can participate, to support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- Identify and represent the views of the parent forum on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To participate in the appointment of senior staff for the school.
Chairperson: Alastair Fleming
Vice Chairperson: Karen Goodwin
Treasurer: Michelle Morawiec Tai
Please read our KSPC Constitution in full by clicking on this link.
We meet approximately once a term and publish our minutes here. Our next meeting is due to take place on Wednesday 17th January 2018 at Midmill School, 7pm.
Please come along and have a say in what we do and help us meet our aims and objectives.
If you wonder what we do, here are some example events that we have organised and initiatives that we support the school in partly or fully funding…
Annual Scholastics Book Fair (February),Spree Books (September), Sponsored Walk Home from School Event to help raise funds for the new Kinellar Primary School, Cyber Awareness Workshops (party funded by KSPC and Blackburn and District Rotary Club), Micro-Library, Education City, Oxford Owl, Easy-Ears listening stations, Charanga Music, National Trust Membership, Annual donation to Class Trips and P7’s leavers party, Elf Shelf, Summer & Christmas Disco’s and Christmas Cards.
Relevant Information and Future Events
KSPC Christmas Disco has been rescheduled to Friday 26th January 2018.
If you wish to order school uniform, please click on the link below.
KSPC fund each child in the school with their 1st House T-Shirt. House T-shirts are worn on Sports Day and pupils are also encouraged to wear them at gym/PE sessions throughout the school year.
We also have an active social media presence please visit our page to find out more:
Previous minutes are available via the below links;
KSPC Annual General Meeting Meeting Minutes from 14th September 2016 are available from the below link;
If you have any queries or suggestions for the Parent Council, please get in touch our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org